17 May 2012

Overnight Heiress

This morning when I turned on my cell phone, I discovered that I was a millionaire! My cell phone number had been awarded R2,5 MILLION FROM "COCA-COLA PROMOTION 2012". I was instructed to CONTACT MR TIM VIA EMAIL: coca2549@live.co.uk or CALL ON 083 97 30 732 and was to SEND FULL NAME, CELLPHONE AND ADDRESS (all shouting at me in capitals).

I am obviously on a run of good fortune here. Last week I received a very official-looking email telling me that a relative in the UK had died and left me a fortune. In order for me to receive this, I was to email my bank account details to...drum roll...the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank. Apparently, for my safety and security only such an important official would be handling this transaction.

Last I heard, I had no relatives in the UK, living or dead. The email had the letters "HSBC" emblazoned down the left side. I read it again, impressed by the professionalism of the scam. And then I spotted it - the hotmail address that I was to send my details to - as far as I know, the government has not resorted to hotmail accounts. 

These are not by any means the only examples of my amazing good fortune, and it is not hard to see how people can be taken in by these con artists. But, remember - if you're not in it, you can't win it! The old folks were right again - you have to work for what you want in life. 

No comments: