20 February 2012

To 120!


When I woke up yesterday morning I wanted to give myself a hug to seal in all the good vibrations. I felt like a child who did not want her birthday to end. As I lay in bed I replayed the events of the night before - I had the best celebration ever – great food, great company and great music.

The occasion was a BIG birthday which deserved to be celebrated.  More than the celebration was the opportunity to thank all the many people who have supported me and kept me sane on the journey through life. Leading up to the event I had spent a lot of time thinking about who would be coming and what they meant in my life. I also wanted them to all connect with each other.

The people gathered there represented every stage of my life from student to mother and wife, and all my varied interests from yoga and meditation to Spanish, children’s rights and writing.  It was quite an international gathering, representing 12 different countries and what a privilege to be able to celebrate with all of them.

The cherry on top of this was that the Delft Band was playing – I am immensely proud of them and of their hard work and perseverance to make something of their lives despite the circumstances they find themselves in. The perfect gifts for me were to have my friends support this project.

I feel like the cat who got all the cream – I walked around I spoke to everyone who was there, and maybe I am imagining it, but the room was buzzing with good energy, accompanied by the jazz rhythms! It was a warm and festive occasion and I look forward to the next years, although perhaps not quite “to 120” – which is a blessing I got from one of my Jewish friends. 

No comments: