21 October 2012

My Life So Far Trailer (1999) - YouTube



Being the early bird in the family has it's advantages, like having a  quiet house to myself on a Sunday morning. While the rest of the family hugs the duvet, I potter downstairs to make a cup of tea and get first pick on the Sunday newspapers. 

Some mornings I have still felt like curling up with a blanket although not sleeping and have been rewarded with the most delicious old movies on TV. Like My Life So Far about a ten year old boy growing up in the Scottish Highlands, post-World War I.  

The characters include his eccentric inventor father, his older sister who is of marriageable age and Gamma, the matriarch of the family, played by Rosemary Harris. It is an endearing coming-of-age story taking place in a time when the world was grappling with the changes brought about by the devastation of the war. It reminded me of my new favourite TV series, Downton Abbey

Here is a little preview courtesy of You Tube. I am sure that you could rent the movie from the DVD store. 

No comments: