19 July 2011

Yoga Challenge: feeling good, doing good

I have committed to a 30 day Yoga Challenge. Starting 1 August,  I will be doing yoga everyday for 30 days.  I need to find 30 people who will each sponsor me R100 so that at the end of it I will have raised R3 000 for a project called Home from Home. The aim is to get 30 people to do the challenge and to raise R90 000 towards the project. This will be enough to  care for a family of six children in a community-based foster home for a year. Home from Home has 21 such homes and this will be for number 22! 

The challenge is the bright idea of friends Melissa Brake, the owner of YogaWay Studio, and Pippa Shaper, the  Managing Trustee of Home from Home.

Initially, the idea was rather daunting (will I have enough time, where will I get 30 sponsors...), but the more I thought about it (and the more Melissa twisted my arm), the more attractive it became. I am picturing my new centred, together self at the end of August serenely handing over the money - how's that for a win-win situation - feeling good and doing good. And there will be 29 other centred, together people serenely doing the same. Hey! Imagine if more people did this.... we'll all be feeling good, doing good...or you could just sponsor me, please!

Pippa and Melissa in the YogaWay Studio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a star, Nadia! so glad you are joining us on this adventure! it would not have been the same without you... love Melissa (arm twister to my friends)