25 July 2011

Yoga Lent

It's one week before "Yoga Lent", as my daughter has dubbed it after hearing that Melissa was giving up chocolate. During class this morning I did wonder what I was letting myself in for. I wondered how my body would be feeling after 30 days of moving from warrior poses to balancing like dancers, and from aeroplane to triangle poses. But then we relaxed into corpse pose and all the endorphins went whizzing around my body. I sighed as I settled into that happy space that comes at the end of a yoga class. 

So just in case it is sounding like I will be having too much pleasure, I have decided that I am giving up coffee for Yoga Lent. I don't drink a lot of coffee but it is a small pleasure that I indulge in. I have become quite the "coffee  snob" and will rather stay without it than drink a cup that is not up to standard. I also like the image of me sitting in coffee shops with my laptop or notebook (in the old-fashioned sense of the word), being creative. I will have to replace the flat whites with a pot of Rooibos for August.  

So now there is no going back. Will keep you posted about my caffeine-free journey to centred, serene togetherness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I on the other have decided to join bootcamp 5 days a week from 8th august. Will be giving up my relaxing mornings but coffee will have to stay, lol.

Anonymous said...

Good luck ... it is going to be a great journey and we are all behind you!

Your body is going to love you for it.

X Tracy