24 February 2011

Photography and Yoga

I am still smarting from my less than perfect matric dance photo session. I now have new respect for wedding photographers. It cannot be an easy task to deal with family and friends brandishing cellphones and cameras, telling your subject to look this way and that. I was completely overwhelmed and suddenly had ten thumbs when it came to operating my camera and deciding on lighting, apertures and shutter speeds!

However, I had such fun taking photos for the course last week that I thought I would post a few. The subject was willing, the serene environment conducive and I could combine two interests. The dappled, late afternoon light was a bit of a challenge but I think I managed to get some good results. 

  




           


Many of the students on the course seem to have a passion (architecture, child portraits, food, shoes or nightclub photography, and so on) and I think I may have found mine. Melissa patiently posed for me. You can learn more about her yoga studio by clicking here yogaway.

No comments: