13 February 2011

Send me a Postcard

Having survived a traditional wedding, I have always joked with my daughter that perhaps she should get married in Paris and send me a "Just Married" postcard! Right now, I am feeling even more convinced that that is the way to go. We have just had the make-up trial, yesterday was the visit to the hairdresser to discuss the style for the day and the dress, shoes and accessories have been shopped for. We have made the appointments for facial, manicure and pedicure and just now discussed who should be invited for tea. She keeps checking how my photography course is going, with, I suspect, less than pure motives.






No, this is not the wedding we are planning, but the matric dance. It seems that there is nothing else to talk or think about. All I can say is, thank goodness that it is happening now and not towards the end of the year when exams which will determine futures, have to be written. During the holidays she went out for a bite to eat with two girlfriends. They couldn't decide where to go. It turned out that the dilemma was that one of the girls was on a pre-matric-dance juice diet. Then there is setting up friends with partners for the night - and this is more than a "bring-your-brother-or-cousin" affair. A number of coffee dates have been organised for a friend who has still not decided. 

These days it is common to have the family and friends round for drinks to see the belle off to the ball. Seems we are having tea at 15h00 pm fit in with the pre-pre-dance routine. That plus the after-parties and recovery time, seems to be adding up to a weekend of it. I have been reminded that this is a once in a lifetime occasion - I am glad. Elopement still seems very attractive. 

No comments: