21 August 2011

Day 21: the home stretch


I feel full of the joys of yoga today!  At the end of the class this morning, everyone was beaming and wanting to know when we could do it again. I felt this urge to hand out hugs to all.

I haven’t written a blog about the yoga since day 15 – I was a little shell-shocked about still being so achy and tired last week.  I had to pay the chiropractor and the massage therapist a visit and it felt a little like I was being held together. I have never done such an intensive practice before – and I have only come lately to the style of yoga we are doing.

But today it feels like something magical happened. Perhaps it was all the postures for opening of the heart area we did. Or perhaps it was the music which we encouraged to focus on and use rather than have it provide the background to the practice. Perhaps it was this unassuming man in his grey tracksuit pants and white T-shirt (no vest showing off rippling muscles) who introduced himself to each one with a handshake before he placed us into a circle.

We floated and flowed to the music, tuning in to the rhythm of the breath, so close to each other that we often touched, but each one in their own space. At the end we drew right into ourselves with knees onto forehead in a shoulder stand and glided down into a resting place. Bliss!

If you see someone doing a Charlie Chaplin-type jump in the air  –  look closely, it’s probably me.

No comments: