20 September 2012

Exploring the Suburbs



So it's been three weeks since I started "walking for life" and I am certainly getting to know my suburb while getting fit and healthy. We are so fortunate to live in a city where nature abounds. So always the mountain is right there to keep me going...                   

 
There have been lots of people out for a walk now that the weather is warming up. I spotted this family out for a stroll...

 
...and the Vodacom man with a direct link...




 ...and walked up tree-lined hills...(see the mountain right there...). 



Yesterday a homeless couple were having a very loud fight, standing on opposite sides of the road, unperturbed by passing cars or people...the issues? He was demanding to know where his money was, and she was urging him to go to "the other woman". Seems the more you explore, the more things are just the same...





I cannot believe how much you miss out on when you drive rather than walk. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: